Our group’s target company will be The Book Café, a quaint little café situated conveniently in the heart of Singapore. It prides itself on its large selection of books that customers are free to browse, while enjoying a nice cup of handcrafted coffee in a relaxing ambience suited for customers to unwind in after a long day.
From our research, we have found that The Book Café has great potential to utilise its social media platforms for outreach. At present, they have very few followers and likes on both their Facebook and Instagram pages. Their website is also lacking, with a visually-unappealing interface and outdated content (their last update was Christmas 2013!). Moreover, their website does not provide any platform for interaction between customers or with the café (eg. lack of a forum or a discussion board).
Through our observations, we have identified 3 main selling points that The Book Café can capitalise on to draw new customers, namely:
- The variety of reading material available to customers
- A nice relaxing ambience with unique aesthetics
- Provision of a great place to study and eat
From there, we came up with objectives for the Café, namely:
- Short term: To increase their social media reach and brand awareness
- Long term: To develop a sense of brand loyalty towards The Book Café
Given the Café’s selling points and the objectives that were decided upon, we propose the following strategies, which target specific audiences:
- Strategy 1: Targets young working adults (aged between 25 and 34 years old) that are book fanatics and café-lovers
- #1 – Posting daily inspirational quotes
- #2 – #bookedthatquote campaign
- Strategy 2: Targets tourists/travellers visiting Singapore
- #1 – Impression management
- #2 – #PeekaBook campaign
- Strategy 3: Targets youths (aged between 15 and 25 years old) who enjoy café-hopping
- #1 – Monthly themed Instagram contest
- #2 – #readbetweenthelines promotion
We will be sharing more about our strategies during the presentation, so see you in class!
Darren Chong, Leong Jia Qin, Loh Jia Wei, Melvin Toh, Tan Wan Ting